match fixing in kenya premier league

Description of your first forum.
ArnOrirm

Using SideQuest along with the Virtual Desktop app

Post by ArnOrirm »

The Oculus Quest is hands-down the VR headset we believe most people should get

It’s the best standalone headset at the moment, with advanced inside-out tracking, a healthy library of native standalone VR games and the killer ability to connect to a computer and act as a full Oculus Rift.

The Quest has been an unqualified success for Oculus it seems

It’s the new minimum standard for standalone VR, something that’s all but confirmed by their recent decision to discontinue the 3DoF Oculus Go.
It hasn’t been very long at all since the Quest was first released and Oculus have been steadily upgrading it through software updates with the aforementioned Link function and crazy camera-based hand tracking technology.
Still, rumours of a “Quest 2” just won’t die and there have been numerous “leaks” that seem to confirm the announcement of such a product is imminent.

The Quest’s Weaknesses I’ve spent several months with the Oculus Quest now and

while I still think it’s a brilliant piece of kit, it’s far from perfect.
I haven’t yet had the chance to try the new Rift S, but coming from my consumer edition Rift, .

The Quest is generally quite a step up

The biggest problem that the Quest has is bulk and comfort

Oculus have made this a very front-heavy headset and the straps have a distinct lack of cushioning.
So prolonged use leads to a mildly sore set of cheekbones.

I’ve modified my own Quest with strap and face cushion replacements

but Oculus has no excuse not to address the comfort issue in its new device.

The only other major weaknesses of the Quest

besides slightly old hardware, comes from its display system.
The OLED displays still have the “chicken wire” effect that’s now starting to be addressed in the VR market.
They are only 72Hz panels and the field of view isn’t something to write home about.
There’s no official figure for it’s definitely at least 90 degrees, but 110-degrees or more is quickly becoming the new benchmark.
With the holy grail being full peripheral vision at some point in the future.
That’s not to say that the Quest is bad in the visual department.
Playing something like Half Life Alyx using Link mode, the feeling of immersion is total.
We would all love to see improvements in this area, but the Quest is good in its own right.
What The Quest 2 Rumours Say There’s no way to tell which rumours about the Quest 2 are likely to be true or not.
There’s no confirmation that there even will be a Quest 2.
Although it’s reasonable to assume that Oculus is working on some sort of update for the headset.
That’s just it actually.
As a first generation device, the Quest is an amazing first try, so do we really expect a new Quest to be radically different.
The rumours indicate that we might know one way or another 15 September 2020.
Rumours have been floating around since March.
When a new device was listed on the Oculus Developer’s site.
The device is codenamed “Del Mar” and its controller the “Jedi Controller”.
Upload VR did a great analysis of the Jedi driver and based on what they found, some of the most substantive improvements in the next Quest might in fact be in the controllers.
These could include LED motion tracking that is twice as frequent, a more precise motion sensing package, better haptic feedback and new finger position technology.
Bloomberg also published details about the upcoming headset in May.
Stating that the Quest 2 would get a bump up to at least 90Hz for its displays, as much as a 15% size reduction and a 20% reduction in weight.
Changes to the strap system to make it more elastic seem aimed at better comfort as well.
Twitter user “WalkingCat” has a reputation for accurate leaks and is responsible for the image I put up under the title.
Of course, these days anyone can make a product render on their computer, so a huge grain of salt is needed.

What We Want To See In a New Quest Regardless of what the truth is behind the Quest 2

there are quite a few things I would like to see in a new unit.
Some of these are already addressed in the rumours.
Such as a lighter, smaller, more comfortable headset.
However, the biggest official feature I personally want is wireless tethering.
We’ve seen low-latency wireless tethering in headsets such as the HTC Vive, with the right attachments.
So it is possible.
Would it work for the Quest.
Well in a way it already does.
Using SideQuest along with the Virtual Desktop app, users have managed to create a wireless tether between the Quest and their gaming computers.
I haven’t tried this myself yet and the optimal solution involves a pretty convolution setup of dedicated routers and ethernet cables.
I don’t think that Oculus would go that route however.
Consider how successful the latest Oculus Link update has been.
It’s now possible to use a USB 2.0 cable for link.
This I have tried for myself and it works perfectly.
Which, to me, makes it feasible that Oculus could come up with some sort of wireless USB dongle which connects directly with the Quest 2.
Link already uses the USB bus for everything, there’s no HDMI on the current Quest.
So I don’t think it’s total madness.

If a Quest 2 could offer both improved standalone VR and wireless PC-grade

room-scale VR, it could dominate the VR market overnight.
The post Oculus Quest 2 Rumours Are Stronger Than Ever appeared first on Virtual Reality Society.

elyaqtfgwpci

WA’s Rocky Pond Estate Winery Adds Accomplished Consulting Winemaker

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

Rocky Pond Estate Winery, the Washington producer crafting wines from their beautiful and sustainably farmed riverside and lakeside estate vineyards, has reached an agreement with highly regarded and accomplished winemaker and viticulturist Steve Leveque.
He will join the team for the 2020 growing season and will lead all winemaking activities alongside their established Winemaker Shane Collins and current vineyard management team led by Javier Rocha.“We are filled with excitement and anticipation as we welcome Steve to the team,” stated Owners and Founders David and Michelle Dufenhorst.
“This is another building block in our mission to elevate Rocky Pond as the top Eastern Washington wine destination.
We believe in the potential of this special region, its micro-climates, and soils.
By adding Steve to share his wealth of experience and to guide our excellent winemaking and vineyard teams, we hope to take our offering to the next level.”Leveque’s list of winemaking work is impressive, extensive, and full of household names like HALL, Chalk Hill, Opus One, and Mondavi.
His addition to the Rocky Pond team is a monumental investment in the future of wine quality and vineyard management that will further elevate and expand the burgeoning program for decades to come.Leveque honed his winemaking techniques during his 10-year tenure as winemaker at Robert Mondavi Winery.
He also gleaned cutting-edge ideas from leading viticulture research and visionary collaborators including prominent wine consultant Michel Rolland.
Steve went on to work as executive vice president and winemaker of Chalk Hill Estate Winery in Sonoma, where he handcrafted an award-winning portfolio from small-lot Bordeaux varietals and Chardonnay.Leveque has also earned three 100 Point scores from Wine Advocate, two 100 Point scores from Jeb Dunnuck and the #2 Wine in the World from Wine Spectator’s Top 100 Wines of 2011.
Over 80 of Steve’s wines have been rated 99-95 Points from the elite wine publications.“I am excited and humbled to be working with such a dedicated and talented team.
The level of commitment and leadership shown by the Dufenhorst family is something I rarely get to experience, .

And I can’t wait to make wine from their amazing vineyards,” states Steve Leveque

“The Double D and Rocky Reach vineyards, with an abundance of rock and glacial silt soils, coupled with ideal climatic conditions, makes me confident that world-class wines will be the standard at Rocky Pond.”The Dufenhorsts have been actively compiling quite the all-star team.
They are laser-focused on increasing quality across the board through innovation in winemaking, sustainable vineyard practices, and elevated hospitality experiences.
Leveque will work alongside current Rocky Pond Winemaker and native of Lake Chelan Shane Collins in addition to President John Ware who recently took the reins after twenty years at Quilceda Creek.Rocky Pond currently operates two beautifully adorned tasting lounges – one in Chelan and the other in Woodinville – for their beloved wine club members and wine lovers alike.
They invite guests for wine tastings, bottle purchases, and culinary chef specials created by their in-house Executive Chef each week by reservation at www.rockypondwinery.com.

elyaqtfgwpci

kto najczęściej brał udział w targach Kariera IT

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

Nadeszły w końcu wakacje i chwila odpoczynku, ale jako że pierwsze półrocze 2016 roku już za nami.

To czas na małe podsumowanie Chcemy

żebyście wiedzieli, że robimy wszystko, aby nie były to zwykłe targi pracy.
Co prawda jest to spore udogodnienie, że w jednym miejscu i czasie można zapoznać się wieloma ofertami pracy.
Wiele osób, które dopiero zaczynają swoją karierę w IT, nie ma pojęcia jaka jest ich wartość na rynku, czego mogą oczekiwać od pracodawców i w jakim kierunku powinni iść, żeby osiągnąć jak najwięcej w życiu zawodowym.
Zatem luźny charakter takich spotkań pozwala porozmawiać z pracownikami firm IT w atmosferze zupełnie innej niż na normalnej rozmowie kwalifikacyjnej – bez zbędnego stresu, na luzie.
Rekruterzy na stoiskach starają się jak najbardziej wychodzić do potencjalnych kandydatów i zachęcać ich do nawiązania kontaktu.
Należy jednak pamiętać o tym, że branża ta ciągle się rozwija i trzeba być zwyczajnie na bieżąco.
Nie wystarczy, jak w przypadku niektórych innych zawodów, po prostu nauczyć się fachu i robić go przez całe życie.
Dlatego podczas każdego naszego wydarzenia odbywało się kilkanaście prelekcji merytorycznych, a uczestnicy mogli zdobyć cenną wiedzę i wskazówki od specjalistów.
Prelegenci starali się jak najlepiej podzielić swoim doświadczeniem i wspólnie z uczestnikami omówić ważne zagadnienia.

Na scenie Kariera IT nie raz pojawiali się znani w całej Polsce speakerzy

tacy jak między innymi Dariusz Kalbarczyk, Krzysztof Ścira, Łukasz Grala, Konrad Kokosa.
Tutaj można by wymienić naprawdę wiele nazwisk, bowiem przez ostatnie miesiące przeprowadzonych było naprawdę wiele prelekcji.
Podsumowanie liczbowe znajdziecie na samym dole artykułu Aby spotkania były jeszcze bardziej atrakcyjne dla uczestników, każdorazowo staraliśmy się zapewnić dodatkowe atrakcje, czyli pokazy technologii (m.in.
gogle VR, roboty, drony, druk 3D itp.) oraz konkursy z nagrodami.
Nie każdy na co dzień ma szansę wypróbować najnowszych technologii na własnej skórze albo wygrać powerbank czy MacBook.
Nie byłoby to możliwe, gdyby nie wsparcie ze strony wielu lokalnych organizacji (np.
hackerspace) i firm, które w ramach współpracy chętnie prezentowały swoje projekty i produkty.

A jak wyglądało zainteresowanie Karierą IT przez ostatnie pół roku

Frekwencja zależała oczywiście od wielkości miasta, a liczby wahały się od 250 do 600 uczestników.
Należy podkreślić.

Że w Warszawie czy Krakowie targi te odbyły się już kilkadziesiąt razy

natomiast w Białymstoku była to dopiero druga edycja.
Poniżej miasta, gdzie organizowane były wydarzenia, i przybliżona liczba osób biorących w nich udział.
Jak pokazuje powyższa grafika, wydarzenia Kariera IT cieszyły się sporą popularnością i wiele osób z chęcią w nich uczestniczyło.
Z wypełnianych przez uczestników ankiet wynika, że udział w targach traktowali jako produktywnie spędzony czas i inwestycję w swoją karierę.
Jako główne czynniki, które wpływały na pozytywną decyzję odnośnie uczestnictwa, to przede wszystkim: ciekawa oprawa merytoryczna, możliwość wzięcia udziału we wstępnej rekrutacji w kilkunastu firmach w jednym miejscu, bezpłatny udział oraz luźna atmosfera wydarzenia.
A kim właściwie są uczestnicy.
Nie będzie chyba niespodzianką, że prym wiodą mężczyźni, aczkolwiek ostatnio pojawia się coraz więcej kobiet, co niezwykle nas cieszy.
Średnia wieku wynosi 24-35 lat, co również nie powinno nikogo dziwić.
Specjaliści z kilkunastoletnim doświadczeniem raczej nie potrzebują takich wydarzeń, bowiem są wyławiani przez rekruterów głównie poprzez zawodowe portale społecznościowe.
Aczkolwiek również pojawiają się podczas targów, tylko w roli Prelegentów, co wspominane było powyżej.
Przy rejestracji uczestnicy określają swoją specjalizację, dzięki czemu można zobaczyć, kto najczęściej brał udział w targach Kariera IT.

Przedstawia to poniższy wykres: Ciekawa jest również informacja

jakie technologie i języki wykorzystują na co dzień osoby biorące udział w spotkaniach.
Nie zauważyliśmy znaczącej różnicy w zależności od miasta, zatem podane dane są średnią ze wszystkich wydarzeń w I połowie 2016 roku.
Jak widać, pokrywa się to z ogólnodostępnymi raportami odnośnie popularności języków programowania – Java na pierwszym miejscu.
Podsumowując.

Ostatnie pół roku było udanym okresem dla Kariery IT i widać

że cały czas jest zapotrzebowanie na tego typu wydarzenia, co tylko motywuje nas do ulepszania kolejnych spotkań i zapewniania zainteresowanym targami dodatkowych wartości.
Najlepszą nagrodą za wykonaną pracę są informacje zwrotne od uczestników, którzy dzięki tym targom dostali wymarzoną pracę.

Czas zatem na przygotowanie następnych edycji w II półroczu 2016

Więcej informacji o wydarzeniach Kariera IT znajdziecie niezmiennie na stronie www.careercon.pl Here is a collection of places you can buy bitcoin online right now.

elyaqtfgwpci

What to Avoid When Selling During Difficult Times

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

As the economy reels due to the current global situation, more and more salespeople are finding themselves in uncharted waters.
If you worked through the 2008 crisis and the following recession, then you remember what it means to try selling during difficult times.
For those who didn’t, the lessons are coming in quick and rough.Sure, we all know that there’s a difference in sales during boom times and during challenging times.
However, that’s not to say that some industries aren’t thriving even in the midst of a global pandemic.
Whether your business is taking hits or not, it’s important to be cognizant of our environment and understand what to do when things get tough.
In this segment, we’ll be looking at what not to do when selling during difficult times. 1: Cease and Desist Short Term ThinkingAs humans, we tend to see only what’s right in front of us often ignoring the bigger picture.
We forget that the tough times will pass and be part of our past.
But even as things seem daunting, there’s always better times ahead.
Remember to see the big picture.
Likewise, your career spans over years or decades, not months.
The actions you take today will eventually be something you can look back on and either be very proud of your company or full of shame and regret.
Therefore, try to see the light at the end of the tunnel as opposed to just staring at the walls all around you. 2: Assume NothingHere’s a bit of veteran advice that also applies during boom times as well.
Never ever assume that your prospects won’t buy due to external factors.
At the same time, don’t also assume they will buy because their situation is largely unchanged.
Assumptions can be a sales reps worst enemy.
What you need to do is go through the entire process as you usually would.
Ask questions, be empathetic, and no matter what happens, don’t jump to conclusions without evidence, or count your prospects before the proverbial hatching. 3: Do Not Turn Inward During Difficult TimesLike most sales people, you might prefer to hunker down and turn inward when things get difficult.
In sales and marketing, this is definitely not the best option.
What you need to do is open up and focus on outside relationships.
Namely those with future prospects and important clients.
As people, we’re hungry for social interaction.
Therefore, it makes so much more sense to deepen your bond and show solidarity even during challenging times.
Do not turn inward, look outward. 4: Quit Gaslighting the SituationFrom manufactured viruses to global depopulation conspiracy theories, there’s certainly a lot of talk around the Corona Virus.
But no matter what your beliefs are on the severity of the situation and whether or not adequate steps have been taken, you should never take it upon yourself to convince a prospect that they’re not seeing or feeling what they say they are.
Each individual has their own point of view and has life experiences that shape how they interact with the world.
If you really are as great a salesperson as you claim to be, you’ll show empathy and understanding.
For the ignorant salesperson, they tend to use gaslighting techniques to scare and confuse prospects into commitment. 5: Don’t Ignore the SolutionsToday’s modern sales rep has a lot on their table.
From chasing down leads to making sure prospects lack for nothing, there’s a lot of juggling that comes with the job.
But when you put everything aside, the main job of sales people is to solve problems (business related, not personal).
Many reps seem to forget that fundamental fact and easily get distracted with everything else that’s going on.
Now more than ever, we need to remember that our jobs call for creating solutions.
Try to brainstorm of how to keep the sales up even when things seem bleak.
That’s what will get salespeople through the hump.
Just get back to the basics and stick to the tried and tested fundamentals.
You’ll find a lot of people still need certain problems solved. 6: Don’t Guilt Trip Prospects into Closing DealsA top tier sales rep will tell you to use every human emotion to your advantage.
With all the emotional upheaval and heartbreak that the COVID situation has brought upon us, there will be numerous opportunities to use fear and guilt in your favor.
However, this is not the time.
Resist the urge completely because manipulation is a poor way to do business, particularly during these difficult times.
Stick with the most valuable tools you have – truth, communication and empathy.
Leave the mind games to the less scrupulous. Difficult Times – ConclusionAs we set goals and try to keep our businesses afloat, remember to also practice patience and gratitude.
Don’t be too hard on yourself.
These are certainly difficult times, but a lot of what’s happening is beyond your control.
So treat yourself kindly.
And if you don’t achieve your objectives today, there’s always tomorrow.
And lastly, make sure you’re kind to others as well.
After all, we’re more than business people, we’re human beings.
Make sure you take advantage of Veloxy to keep in touch and communicate with your prospects.Checkout 100s of 5 Stars Veloxy reviews in Salesforce AppExchange, Capterra, G2Crowd and Sourceforge.  The post What to Avoid When Selling During Difficult Times appeared first on Veloxy.

elyaqtfgwpci

When Should You Go For a Babymoon

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

When you are expecting a baby, you know that it is only a matter of time before your life is flipped upside down.
Since you know a lot is going to change when the baby comes, planning a babymoon vacation is a great idea.  It will help you relax and unwind before everything gets chaotic – so to speak.
It is also a great way to reconnect with your partner, as you will both be very busy with the newborn to have any time together.
If you have never heard of a babymoon before, we are here to enlighten you, and give you a brief guide on what you should do during a babymoon vacation.
Read on to learn more about this.

Image source: bubblesandbumps.com   What Exactly Is a Babymoon

A babymoon is very similar to a honeymoon, and it is a sort of celebratory vacation.
It helps you spend some quality time together with your partner before the arrival of your new baby.  This trend has been gaining popularity in recent years, and to be honest, when the baby comes, it will be years, before you can get an opportunity to getaway.
When Should You Go For a Babymoon.
There are no specific rules for when this should be done, and it depends on the couple in question.
You can plan the trip whenever you like, even during your third trimester, however, in order to enjoy yourself, the middle of your pregnancy may be best.
Try to plan for this vacation when you are feeling your best, and this usually happens during the second trimester for most women.
At this time, the morning sickness has subsided, and you are feeling a little stronger than before.
It is also a good idea to do this before the third trimester because you may be more comfortable and relaxed, plus you don’t expose yourself to the risk of giving birth while on vacation, and probably in a foreign country.

What Can You Do During the Babymoon

Since you are pregnant, it is wise to take care while on vacation so you don’t comprise the health of the baby.
Most people will keep it simple and be tourists within their own town, or if they are to travel, they don’t go far.  You can check out the state park and take a nature trail, visit a museum or an art gallery.
You can rent a cabin by the lake, or get a couple’s massage, or make hotel reservations at a nearby hotel.
Whichever option you choose, just ensure that there is some relaxation time.
If you decide to do a staycation because you probably feel most comfortable in your home, you could do the following.
You can lie around your home with the remote or with a good book, binge watch some great shows, shop for baby clothes together, or decorate the nursery, etc.
Here Are Some Babymoon Tips For You Image source: bravotv.com   If you are going to be traveling by air, choose a nonstop flight, and also consider destinations that are nearby and have shorter flights.
This is because pregnancy can be uncomfortable if you are going to sit for long.
When traveling domestically, ensure to check with your health insurance to see whether they will cover you at your destination.
Pregnancy has some unexpected incidents, and therefore you must be safe.
Ensure to take it easy – spread out the main activities for a couple of days and take as many breaks, and relaxing opportunities as possible.
Avoid exhaustion at all costs.
Watch your budget – it is understandable to want to have a great time, but it is also wise to keep the budget to a minimum.
Remember that you have a baby coming, and soon you may be required to spend plenty of money.
Conclusion A babymoon vacation is great for expecting parents as it helps them to relax and reconnect before the baby arrives.
Whether you decide to get away for a few days or just relax at home, ensure that you spend the time together.  The post A Brief Guide to the Babymoon Vacation appeared first on StoryV Travel & Lifestyle.

elyaqtfgwpci

HIGHLIGHTS Welcome drinks in Brooklyn

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

HomeA Creative Escape to New York City 5-DAY PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE IN NYC 25th – 31st August 2019 This Creative Cities 21 experience is designed for those who are looking for a way to rediscover their energy and passions, or ways to more confidently pursue what makes them happier.
The unique 5-day personal development program will re-energise busy people through intimate activity-based workshops and will leave you inspired, reinvigorated and with a renewed sense of passion and possibility.

Make it a true holiday learning experience by combining our program with Broadway shows

local sport, food, culture and sights in the city that never sleeps.
This experience will also be offered in 2020.

Speak to your Orbit World Travel travel specialist today for availability and travel

HIGHLIGHTS Welcome drinks in Brooklyn, overlooking Manhattan.
A meet-and-greet with local creatives such as fashion designers, actors and artists, so you can explore their world and hear their stories.

A private group tour of the street art in Soho where the likes of Andy Warhol

Jean-Michel Basquiat and Blondie hung out.

Farewell drinks at the magnificent New York Athletic Club

ACCOMMODATION Customise your Creative Cities 21 experience by choosing from the following accommodation options: Mandarin Oriental New York – Five Star Rating  Mandarin Oriental New York brings together an unprecedented combination of outstanding service and luxurious accommodation.
In a prime location as the jewel of the Time Warner Centre and just steps away from Central Park, this unrivalled location offers the best of New York’s cultural epicentre.

Floor-to-ceiling windows captivate guests with spectacular views of New York City

Inclusions: Upgrade at time of booking

subject to availability (Valid room to room or suite to suite only) Daily continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests $100 USD food & beverage credit, to be utilised during stay Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability Complimentary high-speed internet access The Roosevelt Hotel  – Four Star Rating  Experience the quintessential Manhattan hotel – a taste of old-school New York continually serving guests since the Jazz Age of the 1920s.
Bursting with elegant architecture, and perfectly situated steps from Grand Central and minutes from Times Square, the Roosevelt Hotel New York is your home for an unforgettable stay in midtown Manhattan.
Twin share, room only.
Courtyard by Marriott – Three Star Rating  Discover the city that never sleeps at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square.
The modern hotel positions you within walking distance of Koreatown, the Empire State Building and Radio City Music Hall.
Access an array of shopping destinations nearby such as Macy’s® and Manhattan Mall.
Soak in alluring attractions, then unwind in their stylish rooms and suites with complimentary Wi-Fi, plush bedding and mesmerizing views of New York City.
Twin share, room only.
PRICE From $5,676 for a 3-star* hotel per person, departing Sydney.
Save up to $700 per person when you book a Group Rate for 10+ people This experience will also be offered in 2020.

Speak to your Orbit World Travel travel specialist today for availability

Call 1800 249 804 to book.
ABOUT CREATIVE CITIES 21 Creative Cities 21 was born out of need for a different approach to personal development and self-discovery.
Husband and wife, Jeremy and Angie, were busy professionals looking for a unique growth experience where they could travel, immerse and connect with local people, learn new skills, and explore the creative heart and culture of an awesome city.
They developed their own itinerary of creative pursuits, including acting and painting classes and committed to getting to know one new person every day.
They came back so energised and inspired they wanted others to benefit from a similar experience, and so Creative Cities 21 was born.
Now, they would love to invite you to come on a journey to rediscover your energy and passions.
*Price is per person, twin share, based on the lowest available room prices and cheapest departure origin.
Surcharges apply for other hotels and other origin departures.
Pricing is indicative only and subject to confirmation at time of booking.

Group Rate pricing available to groups of at least 10 passengers at time of booking

A minimum of eight passengers is required at time of ticketing to retain the group rate.
Offer is subject to availability and may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Cancellation penalties may apply.
General: Correct from publication but subject to change at the discretion of the offer provider and may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change.
All offers, prices and itineraries are subject to availability.
Offers may be withdrawn or changed without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated.
Cancellation and change fees will apply.
Booking may be subject to compulsory credit card fees and service charges.
Other conditions apply.
Orbit World Travel reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees and surcharges at any time.
Cancellation penalties and conditions apply.
Agents may charge service or credit card fees, which may vary.

The post A Creative Escape to New York City appeared first on Orbit World Travel

elyaqtfgwpci

If someone who is lesser than 19 years of age gets 4 DUIs

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

How DUIs Influence Car Insurance Price Driving under the influence of alcohol can lead to serious consequences.
Still, a considerable number of drivers tend to overlook this fact.
While some suffer severe punishment, .

Others manage to get away from a DUI conviction by hiring a DUI lawyer Cobb County GA

Those who belong to the latter category need to have their car insured in the future.
However, it is not as easy for DUI convicted drivers as it is for others as they need to pay a higher rate of premium.

If you have been convicted with DUI and are planning to buy or renew your car insurance

then you have come to the right place.
This post will highlight how DUI conviction can make a difference in the cost of insurance for your car.
Factors that affect insurance cost after DUI conviction The location of an individual plays a decisive role in determining the insurance cost for their car.
It is not to say that other factors do not play a role in it, though.
Other factors also alter the cost of car insurance for an individual.
Here’s a list of some such factors.
Age It is a known fact that anyone who is at least 18 years old needs to insure their car before driving it on roads in the United States.
But DUI convicts who are less than 19 years of age face an even severe penalty than their counterparts who are elder than them.
On average, the cost of insurance is 5% more for the former than the latter.

Even a single instance of DUI poses the risk of increasing the penalty by this margin

Time Apart from the age of an individual

the duration of DUI conviction is another important factor that affects the future insurance rates for their car.
Leading insurance providers in the United States consider the driving history of at least three to five years prior to the year of DUI conviction of such individuals.
In order to qualify for cheaper insurance rates, GEICO necessitates them to have at least 35 months of clean driving record for cheaper car insurance.
Number of DUIs The next important thing which affects the insurance rates of cars is the number of DUIs a driver gets.
Again, the system cracks the whip on younger offenders.
If someone who is lesser than 19 years of age gets 4 DUIs, they need to pay a 116% higher premium for coverage for body injury than they would pay normally.
For those who are 30 years old, .

The insurance coverage rate upon getting 4 DUIs can be as high as 58%

Companies Car insurance premium for those who get DUI also varies from one provider to the other.
That is to say, .

Different companies charge different insurance premium rates once an individual gets DUI

In the United States, there is a marked difference among the leading companies such as State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, and others.
While the percentage difference between two companies can be as low as 1%, it can also be as much as 16%.

How car insurance companies get to know about car insurance After DUI conviction

a company perceives a driver as the one involving higher risk.
The next thing your insurance provider does is the filing of either file FR-44 or SR-22 form.
The rationale behind this move is to ensure that you have the driving privileges.

It is mandatory to file this form in as many as 43 states in the United States

Whether your insurance company retains you as a customer or terminates your policy solely depends on your driving history.
Normally, insurance companies would show confidence in you if you have a clean driving history in the previous years.
Otherwise, they can terminate the policy.
Once you get a DUI, it is imperative that you remain honest with your insurance provider.
One of the best things to do in such a situation is to talk to your provider and apprise them of what has happened.
The last thing you would want is your provider to find it out.
No matter how hard you try, .

You will not be able to hide your DUI from your car insurance company

These companies track the driving records of drivers from time to time.
Even as you manage to hide it from your car insurance provider, they will find it out when you renew your car insurance policy.
If you need ideas or are not sure how to handle the situation, .

Think about consulting a qualified legal expert such as a Cobb County DUI attorney

Final thoughts DUI is one of the leading risk factors in connection with car insurance policy.
Apart from legal consequences, it also leads to some serious repercussions in terms of your car insurance policy.
DUI conviction will make you liable to pay a higher insurance premium with multiple factors.
However, it is important, to be honest with your provider.
If you need help or assistance, .

Do not hesitate to consult a Cobb County DUI lawyer or an attorney based on your location

The post How DUIs Influence Car Insurance Price appeared first on OnhaxNet

elyaqtfgwpci

Once logged to bimsync Manager with your bimsync account

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

Letting non-technical users see a model used to be a pain.
Web-based viewers have started to make it way easier.
They now allow you to review any models without having to install some heavy software or buy the latest gaming computer.
I am myself a regular user of bimsync and enjoy this ability to let anyone see a model as long as there are members of a project.
But I also wanted something easier to let people see a specific version of a model without even having to be invited to a bimsync project.

Think of it as the “Share” button of Dropbox or OneDrive

Making use of the bimsync API, I created a new feature in bimsync Manager to let you share your bimsync models with a simple link.
Once logged to bimsync Manager with your bimsync account, .

Click on the “Share” button of your project

Select one or more models to share, their version and the associated 2D view.

Then click on “Publish” to get a public link

This link allows you to see the selected version of these models without having to be invited to the corresponding bimsync project.
You can view the result here.
In this window, you have access to most of the usual features of the bimsync viewer, like sectioning, showing or hiding models and spaces.
A word of warning here, the sharing link is public.
If you use it to share you models, everybody with the link will be able to see them, so be cautious before sharing something that might be confidential.
You can also use the second link, an iFrame, to embed the viewer in your website.

Like in this example below: Along with this new feature

I updated the link between Power BI and bimsync.
If you want to use it, you must now use the updated dashboards, available on the Help page.
These new dashboards now include an access to your bimsync issues.
I had to do some modification to the inner working of bimsync manager.

You might have to log out and login in again if you were already using bimsync Manager

The entire solution is still open source, written with Angular.

You can find the code on the bimsyncManager Github repository.

elyaqtfgwpci

Most PC games are built with Windows in mind

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

2020 has been an interesting year so far, and it’s looking like work from home is the new normal.
We sat down with Metova developer Brandon Cox to ask about how he has adjusted his work routine since COVID-19, .

Hear about his controversial thoughts on Chicago vs

New York-style pizza, learn about his work with Fleet Management technology, his love of gaming and a lot more.
It’s been quite a year for the world, and for you.
What are some changes to your life and expectations around what’s normal have you faced in the past 6 months.
Well, a lot has changed for me.
I’ve enrolled in an online master’s degree program through Georgia Tech that I’m working on at night and on weekends, so I’ve been a lot more busy lately.
Prior to COVID-19, I went to restaurants often.
Like not more often than reasonable, but definitely more than I do now.
Now, I’ve almost stopped getting food from restaurants, and I’ve been trying to try to make new things myself.
As an example, I’ve started learning how to make pizzas from scratch.
You began as an intern, how was that experience.
Interesting to say the least.
I feel like most internships are geared towards those with little to no experience in an enterprise environment.
However, I had already had 1.5 years of internships on a similar platform prior to starting at Metova.
It was really interesting to see how Metova operated differently when compared to my previous internships, even though most of the differences can be attributed to how spread out Metova is and how Metova is geared towards multiple platforms.
What does your work from home setup look like.
I’ve been a computer gamer for a long time, so naturally I already had a complete setup at home that is better than what I’d have in an office.
I’ve got 3 monitors set up horizontally with an RGB-backlit mechanical keyboard and a mouse that basically has a full number pad on the side of it.
Whenever I want to switch from gaming to work, I just move the cords from my gaming desktop to my work laptop.
Are there any changes you have made to your work schedule (shifting hours, starting/ending earlier, .

Etc) since working from home due to COVID-19

No.
I think that it’s important for me to maintain a consistent schedule so I have time to complete all of my school work and watch all of my lectures once I get off work.
Working from 8 to 5, I’m able to make dinner and finish my school work by 9, so I’ve got around 3 hours each night to do whatever I want.
I’ve considered working from 7 to 4 or something like that, but I think I’d just become a zombie if I woke up much earlier than I already do.
You’ve competed in some interesting coding, hacking and programming challenges and won accolades including 1st place at a University of Arkansas Programming Contest and 1st at Arkansas Governor’s All-State Coding Competition.
What sort of projects did you do for those competitions.
So most of the programming competitions I’ve competed in have been centered around problem solving in a team environment rather than developing a product of some kind.
Typically in these competitions, you’re given a period of around 3 hours to solve 5-10 challenging programming problems.
Each solution must run within a certain time frame, and it must provide the correct output for a given input.
These competitions really challenge your ability to complete challenging tasks in a team, as well as your computer science skills.
You work on an interesting IoT project around fleet management.
What sort of technologies have you researched and worked to implement.
So for this project, .

There were a variety of small GPS-based location sensors attached to vehicles

These GPS sensors were connected to the internet and told a server their position every few minutes.
I implemented the functions that converted the location information from the device’s message format to the message format that we wanted.

I also implemented the code that communicated with AWS’s IoT Core service

which acts as a means to bridge the gap between IoT devices and the server-side software that they interact with in a way that is convenient for the server-side software.
Mac or PC.
I work as a dotnet core developer, and dotnet core is a Microsoft product.

That means that the first-party tools are developed with Windows in mind

With recent releases, dotnet core development on Mac and Linux is getting better, .

But it still isn’t quite to where it is on Windows

I’m also a PC gamer.
Most PC games are built with Windows in mind, .

And many old and new games just outright don’t run on anything but Windows

Android or iPhone.
Android.
The battery on my Android phone can last me up to 2 days without battery saver on given my normal usage patterns.
When’s the last time you heard of an iPhone battery lasting much longer than 1 day.

There’s also a lot more customization options available on Android

I can use whatever texting app I want, I can use whatever camera app I want, and I can even just replace the OS if I want.
What’s your all time favorite video game.
Now this is a tough one.
Generally speaking, I like games that have a high replay value.
Games like Europa Universalis IV, the Civilization series, DotA 2, Factorio, Minecraft, and Mount & Blade all make my short list.
From that list though, I’d have to say that Factorio is my favorite.
Factorio is a sandbox game where your goal is to build a factory that can eventually produce a rocket that can take you off of the planet.
Factorio is the type of game where you have to vigilantly watch the clock to avoid spending 4 hours playing the game instead of one.
During the game, you mine up resources around you and build out assembly lines that you designed yourself to make your factory more efficient or have more stuff.
It’s really a problem solving game more than anything else, but it’s one of the few games that I can play for a long time without getting bored.
What are you playing now.

Recently I’ve gotten into Rimworld and Sea of Thieves

Rimworld is a game where the player is responsible for controlling a small colony of people that have crash landed on an unknown planet with the ultimate goal of surviving and then getting off of the planet.
Sea of Thieves is a game where players can crew ships and roam around a fictitious sea on ships prior to the golden age of piracy.
Players can play with friends and work as a team to crew their own ship.
Once sailing, players have the options of gathering their own treasure, or they can attack other players and try to steal their treasure.
Alexa or Google Assistant.
Google Assistant.
I use an Android device, so Google Assistant and the remaining Google Home devices integrate really well with my phone.
I can cast music or videos from almost any app to my TV and the collection of speakers scattered about my house.
If I had an Alexa, there’d be support for most apps, .

But probably not as many as there are with Google Assistant

What technology are you excited about becoming mainstream in the next 10 years.
Self-driving cars, mostly because of the safety features that will be brought along with them.
There’s been so many times I’ve almost been hit because the other driver was not paying attention.
A self-driving car won’t have distractions in the same way that human drivers do.
And of course I also want self-driving cars so I don’t have to drive everywhere.
It’ll be really nice when I can just tell my car to drive me somewhere 3 hours away while I take a nap.

Chicago or New York style pizza

Chicago “pizza” isn’t pizza.
It’s a tomato-cheese pie.
I also don’t like cheese that much, so I might be a bit biased against the very cheesy Chicago “pizza”.
NY style pizza is still pretty good if you go light on the cheese though.
What are some favorite dishes you like to cook.
I really enjoyed making pan pizza last time I made it.
Normally when I make pizza, the pizza dough is really difficult to get into the right shape, and the dough doesn’t end up very thick.
With a pan pizza though, the crust ended up thick, almost like a small slice of bread (remember, this is my pizza, and you don’t have to like it).
The dough also had an excellent flavor, almost like (you guessed it) homemade bread.
Pizzas are also really fun to experiment with.
Typically the dough recipes I use produce enough dough for 2-4 pizzas, so I’ve got a few attempts to try different toppings or different sauce recipes.
I also enjoy making just about any kind of fish.
The first meal I actually made on my own was a sauteed piece of salmon with a wasabi lime mayonnaise sauce.
I know it sounds weird, but it’s actually really good if you like wasabi.
Making my own Indian curry is another recipe I’ve had fun experimenting with.
As of now I’ve only ever made chicken tikka masala, but it’s still fun to make.
There’s a lot of variables that I can play around with like how creamy I want to make it or how spicy I want to make it.
If I want to make food that turns into good leftovers, I’ll make gumbo.
Especially during COVID, gumbo satisfies the part of me that really wants cajun food.
Again, with gumbo, I can experiment with stuff like what kind of meats to use or how much seasoning or vegetables I put in.

The post Metova Developer Spotlight – Brandon Cox appeared first on Metova

elyaqtfgwpci

I made PreviewBackground into a SwiftPM package

Post by elyaqtfgwpci »

While learning and experimenting with SwiftUI

I use the canvas assistant editor to preview SwiftUI views extensively.
It is an amazing feature of Xcode 11 and I love it.
There is a quirk that gets difficult for me though – the default behavior of the preview provider uses a gray background.

I frequently use multiple previews while making SwiftUI elements

wanting to see my creation on a background supporting both light and dark modes.
The following little stanza is a lovely way to iterate through the modes and displaying them as previews: #if DEBUG struct ExampleView_Previews: PreviewProvider { static var previews: some View { Group { ForEach(ColorScheme.allCases, id: .self) { scheme in Text("preview") .environment(.colorScheme, scheme) .frame(width: 100, height: 100, alignment: .center) .previewDisplayName("(scheme)") } } } } #endif Results in the following preview: The gray background doesn’t help all that much here.
It is perfect when you are viewing a fairly composed element set, as you are often working over an existing background.
When you are creating an element to stand alone, or moving an element.
In those cases, I really want a background for the element.

And this is exactly what PreviewBackground provides

I made PreviewBackground into a SwiftPM package.
While I could have created this effect with a ViewModifier.

I tried it out as a ViewBuilder instead

thinking it would be nice to wrap the elements I want to preview explicitly.
The same example, using PreviewBackground: import PreviewBackground #if DEBUG struct ExampleView_Previews: PreviewProvider { static var previews: some View { Group { ForEach(ColorScheme.allCases, id: .self) { scheme in PreviewBackground { Text("preview") } .environment(.colorScheme, scheme) .frame(width: 100, height: 100, alignment: .center) .previewDisplayName("(scheme)") } } } } #endif The code is available on Github, and you may include it within your own projects by adding a swift package with the URL: https://github.com/heckj/PreviewBackground Remember to import PreviewBackground in the views where you want to use it, and work away.
Explaining the code There are not many examples of using ViewBuilder to construct a view, and this is a simple use case.
Here is how it works: import SwiftUI public struct PreviewBackground: View where Content: View { @Environment(.colorScheme) public var colorSchemeMode public let content: () -> Content public init(@ViewBuilder content: @escaping () -> Content) { self.content = content } public var body: some View { ZStack { if colorSchemeMode == .dark { Color.black } else { Color.white } content() } } } The heart of using ViewBuilder is using it within a View initializer to return a (specific but) generic instance of View, and using the returned closure as a property that you execute when composing a view.
There is a lot of complexity in that statement.

Allow me to try and explain it: Normally when creating a SwiftUI view

you create a struct that conforms to the View protocol.

This is written in code as struct SomeView: View

You may use the default initializer that swift creates for you, or you can write your own – often to set properties on your view.
ViewBuilder allows you to take a function in that initializer that returns an arbitrary View.
But since the kind of view is arbitrary, we need to make the struct generic – since we can’t assert exactly what type it will be until the closure is compiled.
To tell the compiler it’ll need to do the work to figure out the types, we label the struct as a being generic, using the syntax: struct SomeView: View where Content: View This says there is a generic type that we’re calling Content, .

And that generic type is expected to conform to the View protocol

There is a more compact way to represent this that you may prefer: struct SomeView: View Within the view itself, we have a property – which we name content.
The type of this content isn’t known up front – it is the arbitrary type that the compiler gets to infer from the closure that will provided in the future.
This declaration is saying the content property will be a closure – taking no parameters – that returns some an arbitrary type we are calling Content.
Public let content: () -> Content Then in the initializer, we use ViewBuilder: public init(@ViewBuilder content: @escaping () -> Content) { self.content = content } In case it wasn’t obvious.

ViewBuilder is a function builder

the swift feature that is enabling this declarative structure with SwiftUI.
This is what allows us to ultimately use it with in that declarative syntax form.
The final bit of code to describe is using the @Environment property wrapper.
@Environment(.colorScheme) public var colorSchemeMode The property wrapper is not in common use, but perfect for this need.
The property wrapper uses exposes a specific part of the existing environment as a local property for this view.
This is what enables PreviewBackground to choose the color for the background appropriate to the mode.
By reading the environment it chooses an appropriately colored background.
It then uses that property to assemble a view by invoking the property named content (which was provided by the function builder) within a ZStack.
By using ViewBuilder, we can use the PreviewBackground struct like any other composed view within SwiftUI: var body: some View { PreviewBackground { Text("Hello there!") } } If we had created this code as a ViewModifier, then using it would look different – instead of the curly-bracket syntax, we would be chaining on a method.
The default set up for something like that looks like: var body: some View { Text("Hello there!") .modify(PreviewBackground()) } I wanted to enable the curly-bracket syntax for this, .

Hence the choice of using a ViewBuilder

A side note about moving code into a Swift package When I created this code, I did so within the context of another project.
I wanted to use it across a second project, and the code was simple enough (a single file) to copy/paste – but instead I went ahead and made it a Swift package.
Partially to make it easier for anyone else to use, but also just to get a bit more experience with what it takes to set up and use this kind of thing.
The mistake that I made immediately on moving the code was not explicitly making all the structs and properties public.
It moved over, compiled fine, and everything was looking great as a package, but then when I went to use it – I got some really odd errors: Cannot call value of non-function type 'module' In other instances (yes, I admit this wasn’t the first time I made this mistake – and it likely won’t be the last) the swift compiler would complain about the scope of a function, letting me know that it was using the default internal scope, and was not available.
But SwiftUI and this lovely function builder mechanism is making the compiler work quite a bit more, and it is not nearly as good at identifying why this mistake might have happened, only that it was failing.
If you hit the error Cannot call value of non-function type when moving code into a package, you may have forgotten to make the struct (and relevant properties) explicitly public.